Yum cache memory space -

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Sep 6 18:23:41 UTC 2012

Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
>>
>>     Yes, I suppose you're right but I wanted to partition it myself
>>     instead of the usual lvm. I will live with my mistakes, hopefully
>>     get it right next time.
>
> There is a "use lvm" checkbox that you can uncheck during installation.
> You are no longer forced to use LVM.

For which I am deeply grateful. Most of the time LVM is fine, even preferred,
but some times I really "want it my way" and now that's easy.

Some thoughts on this problem:
1 - 1.5GB is too small for /var
2 - try "yum clean all" and restarting the upgrade, or even doing it in steps.
3 - you may have to bind mount a directory in a larger filesystem on
/var/cache/yum to get by this. Yes it's a PITA.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>