Keyboard Font problem -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Fri Sep 7 16:26:23 UTC 2012

    I posted this two days ago and got no response. I find it hard to
    believe that I am the only one with this problem. Perhaps someone
    can try selecting "US International keyboard" and see if it can be
    unselected restoring "US English keyboard" again and keeping it upon
    reboot. This is really causing me a lot of inconvenience and I don't
    know how to fix it short of re-installing F-17. I could probably
    reset it after reboot with a simple script but I don't know
    how/where to select the keyboard setup from the command line that,
    would work around the problem 'til F-18 comes along.

         I have two F-17 64 bit computers in which once I selected "US
         International" keyboard under Administration > Keyboard that
         selection seems always to come up in reboot although the selection
         has been changed to "US English." That change takes effect once I go
         through the motion of changing it, that is to bring up the GUI menu
         and close it while doing nothing else, it already says US Keyboard
         is selected, apparently "closing" that menu restore the US settings
         until user bobg logs off, when I log on again I have to "fix" the
         keyboard. problem.

         I tried creating a new user "rfg" and logged off/on with the same
         problem.

         Any idea what is wrong?

         Bob

    --