Slightly OT about urls

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Sep 12 04:45:17 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 09:34:49 +1000,
   Roger <arelem at bigpond.com> wrote:
>On the server we have a redirection in index.php so that calling url
>www.domain.org.au in browser displays www.domain.org.au/directory.
>Is there any way to get the url to not display the /directory, just the url?

If you are talking about mod_rewrite for apache, then I believe there is
a way to do internal redirects that don't ask the browser to retrieve
another url. 301 and 302 responses will ask the browser to look up another
url. When the browser displays the page for the new url it also displays
the url for that page. You shouldn't be able to change that.