Skype 4 i Fedora 17

Christopher Svanefalk christopher.svanefalk at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 06:34:26 UTC 2012

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 8:08 AM, Christopher Svanefalk <
christopher.svanefalk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Jan Litwiński <jlitwinski at vp.pl> wrote:
>
>> J have laptop Lenovo G550 with Intel Celeron 1.8.GHz processor, 2 MB RAM
>> and Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family)
>> HD Audio Controller (rev 03).
>> I waned t to use Fedora but Skype completely freezes my desktop (it was
>> KDE), helped only use power off button.
>> I think problem is related with pulseaudio.
>> In openSUSE 12.1 everything is ok, but in openSUSE 12.2 is the same
>> problem.
>> Has anybody have the same problem?
>>
>> greetings
>>
>> --
>> Jan Litwiński
>> http://netsjanek.blogspot.com/
>> Linux is like a wigwam no gates
>> no windows but apache inside
>> --
>>

> Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit Fedora?
>
> I should have read your specs more carefully before responding, apologies
for that. There are some hacks needed to get Skype running under 64-bit,
but this is obviously not your problem.

Have you tried starting Skype from the terminal? It should give you some
indicators to why it is failing. Apart from that, you can also examine the
logs (although someone else more knowledgeable  would have to tell you
exactly which ones).

--
Best,

Christopher Svanefalk