Clamd and systemd

Arthur Dent misc.lists at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Sep 16 09:29:50 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Has anyone got a simple walkthrough for configuring clamd and getting it
working with systemd on F17?

I am getting lost in the myriad of <SERVICE> and PID (etc. etc.) things
I have to change and .conf files I have to edit and move...

In particular, what am I supposed to do with
the /usr/lib/systemd/system/clamd at .service file?

On previous Fedora installs (pre F15) I used to use this excellent
script which took all the pain out of setup:
http://blog.christophersmart.com/2009/12/17/script-for-configuring-clamav-server-on-fedora/

if that's line-wrapped try this:
http://tinyurl.com/clamdscript

but I am not confident that this script will now properly configure
systemd now that I am rebuilding a F17 server.

Any hints, tips, guides, handholding, or smacks on the head gratefully
received...

Thanks

Mark