Clamd and systemd

Arthur Dent misc.lists at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 09:47:12 UTC 2012

> "What tells it that it is a "scan" service? That bit of the puzzle seems
> to be missing..."
>
> Whatever is the parameter after the @ and before the dot  becomes %i in
> the service file.  Look at the service file:
> [Unit]
> Description = clamd scanner (%i) daemon
> After = syslog.target nss-lookup.target network.target
>
> [Service]
> Type = simple
> ExecStart = /usr/sbin/clamd -c /etc/clamd.d/%i.conf --nofork=yes
> Restart = on-failure
> PrivateTmp = true
>
> so clamd at scan.service invokes clamd with the scan.conf file as it's
> configuration file.
> This way you can have multiple clamd services each using a different
> config file.  Just create another config file in
> /etc/clamd.d/my_config.conf and:
> ln -s /lib/systemd/system/clamd at .service
> /etc/systemd/system/clamd at my_config.service
>
> You should have the /etc/clamd.d/scan.conf I think:
>
> [root at moses shorewall]# rpm -qf /etc/clamd.d/scan.conf
> clamav-scanner-0.97.5-1700.fc17.noarch

Thank you Bill for a helpful and, more importantly, informative reply. I
think this will not only help me to solve my problem but, even better,
help me to understand where I was going wrong.

As before, I don't have access to the machine right now, so i will try
when I get home to work through this and get it right.

I will once again report back later...

Thanks again. Your help is much appreciated.

Mark