Clamd and systemd

Zdenek Pytela pytela at phil.muni.cz
Thu Sep 20 09:47:24 UTC 2012

Arthur Dent pise:
> On Wed, 2012-09-19 at 17:00 -0400, Bill Shirley wrote:
> >
> > On 9/19/2012 3:36 PM, Arthur Dent wrote:
> >
> > > On Wed, 2012-09-19 at 10:47 +0100, Arthur Dent wrote:
>

> > > All is not _quite_ perfect however. In calling clamdscan from my script
> > > (itself called from procmail) I get the error:
> > > ERROR: Can't parse clamd configuration file /etc/clamd.conf
> > >
> > > Note the config file and location. In order to get it to work (which it
> > > does), I need to declare clamdscan in my script as:
> > > "/bin/clamdscan -c/etc/clamd.d/scan.conf"
> > >
> > > So where does it default to /etc/clamd.conf ? I have grepped the whole
> > > of /etc/* and can't find a reference to this location, and there is
> > > no /etc/sysconfig/clamd as there used to be.
> > >
> > > I think this is the last remaining mystery. After I have solved this I
> > > will be a very happy bunny!
>
> > /etc/clamd.conf is the old location for the config file.  With the
> > flexibility of systemd allowing multiple daemons running, I think the
> > packager changed things to use /etc/clam.d/scan.conf but didn't catch
> > this change for clamdscan.
>
> Yes I know that /etc/clamd.conf is the old location. What I can't work
> out is why it still thinks that's where it is. Is it hard-coded
> somewhere?
>
> > I also run a Mandriva mail server that uses procmail to deliver mail.
> > Here is a snippet of my IMAP recipe:
> > :0
> > VIRUS=| clamdscan --no-summary --stdout - | cut -d' ' -f2 -
> >
> [snip] useful recipe (similar to mine). The thing is, for me "clamdscan
> --no-summary --stdout" won't work. I need to tell it explicitly where
> the config file is. I have this in my script:
> CLAMSCAN="/bin/clamdscan -c/etc/clamd.d/scan.conf"
> CLAMSCANOPT="--no-summary --stdout"
>
> and call it with ${CLAMSCAN} ${CLAMSCANOPT} - < ${MSGTMP}
>
> The same thing happens on the command line:
> # clamdscan -V
> ERROR: Can't parse clamd configuration file /etc/clamd.conf
> # clamdscan -c /etc/clamd.d/scan.conf -V
> ClamAV 0.97.5/15376/Wed Sep 19 19:35:38 2012
>
> Any ideas?
	Definitely it is hardcoded:
strings /bin/clamdscan
/etc/clamd.conf
or
strace -e open,stat -o /tmp/clamscan.strace clamdscan -V
open("/etc/clamd.conf", O_RDONLY)       = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

I guess that you can file a bug because the application doesn't work properly.

--

--Zdenek Pytela, <pytela at phil.muni.cz>