FC17-Cannot open Font File True

Vincent bullet at ballmail.co.za
Thu Sep 20 16:40:47 UTC 2012

On 20/09/2012 16:09, lostson wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-09-20 at 15:58 +0200, Vincent wrote:
>> On 20/09/2012 14:59, Matthew Miller wrote:
>>> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 02:32:46PM +0200, Vincent wrote:
>
>   I have 3 machines running Fedora 17 I get the font error but I do not
> get dropped to a shell I can still log in and proceed as normal is this
> only affecting a certain type of machine? I run Fedora on both x86 and
> x86_64. I am curious as to why this would not effect any of the 3
> machines I have F17 on.
>
> LostSon

Hi LostSon, FC17 does exactly the same for me, font error & I can boot.
However, the moment I update all the packages installed, on the next
boot, it drops me to a shell and repairs a whole bunch of files.
I'm running a Dell Optiplex RG280. x86 machine. without the updating it
only has the font problem. I don't know how stable the OS is like this?

Regards

Vince