MKV file. how to convert.

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Apr 2 16:11:38 UTC 2013

Jim wrote:
> How would I Insert the bob.mkv in the line below ?
>
> /usr/bin/ffmpeg -i $1 -acodec aac -ab 96k -vcodec libx264 -preset slow -f mp4
> -crf 22 -strict experimental $1.mp4
>
> I tried to use Miro but it just keeps CRASHING.

If you have a multicore CPU, after the "ffmpeg" command before the -i you can
add something like "-threads 2" which will reduce the clock time to convert at
the cost of bogging down your system a bit more. Larger numbers are allowed but
the bog factor goes up faster than the real time gets smaller, so rarely worth
using more than two.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>