Disability relief

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 7 12:32:38 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 06 April 2013, Beartooth sent:
>         I need cursor symbols that my antiquated eyeballs can spot
> even through trifocals. Last time I had a machine running CentOS (6.2
> iirc) I had managed to get a big yellow arrow to show the mouse
> cursor. It was wonderful.
>
>         Now I have machines running Fedora (17 & 18) and Puppy (5.0) -
> and even with eyes on two panels I have an awful time spotting the
> mouse cursor. Can anyone tell me a way to get my arrow back??

I sympathise with you.  Even with good eyesight, the mouse pointers
disappear all too easily, and the special effect to reveal the position
of the cursor when the control key is tapped isn't obvious enough, nor
does it solve the problem of the pointer being too small all of the
time, for some circumstances.  I think it's about time that the mouse
preferences gave some adjustable scaling control over the pointer size,
so we don't have to mess around with themes to change the size of the
pointer.

While on the theme, I wish programs that deal with precise alignment of
things, but using the mouse, should have a function that extends
crosshairs from the mouse focus point along to the rulers that the
programs have along the edge of the window.  But it's not just the
rulers that are points of interest to users, sometimes you're aligning
one object against others on the page.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.8.4-102.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Mar 24 13:09:09 UTC 2013 x86_64

public lists.

My apologies for not including a virus with this message, but I don't
use Windows.