DSoD : Diagonal Screen of Death

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Mon Apr 8 23:33:22 UTC 2013

On 04/08/2013 07:01 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 04/08/2013 03:12 PM, Roger wrote:
>> Probably unrelated but this reminds me, I had graphics/display issues a
>> year or two ago and put set up a huge fan on the graphics card blowing
>> on the heat sink. Not a problem with graphics ever since.
>
> One of my friends is a hardware geek.  He recommends leaving one slot
> open between each two cards whenever possible to improve ventilation.
> Not sure if this would have helped in your case, but it's worth
> mentioning.
This would be particularly important for the video card, especially if
it has its own fan.  But modern mobos don't have that many slots anymore,
so that could be a problem!  (I wonder if anybody makes a "slot
extender?"  I guess it would plug into an existing slot and run by a
cable out
the back of the computer. It would make for some ferocious RFI!)

--
Blessed are the peacemakers...for they shall be shot at from both sides.  A.M. Greeley