ZDNet Recommends Linux

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Apr 11 10:32:28 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-04-11 at 16:43 +1000, Michael Leung wrote:
> Now is a post-pc era.

I've never been in the major computing rat race, I've always used the
alternatives (never had a C64, used Amiga when Windows became all the
rage, Linux later on, and other things before we had personal computers
that we'd recognise today).  There's always been something different.
It's rarely been a competitor on an even footing, but existed for many
years because people did want something different.  I don't see that
situation going away.  There will always be some alternative, and Linux
needs to stay being an alternative, not a clone of the world's worst
operating system ever foisted upon the public.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.