Fedora vs RHEL

Mihamina Rakotomandimby mihamina at rktmb.org
Fri Apr 12 10:24:33 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-12 13:09, Mike Dwiggins wrote:
>> My suggestion is to compare CentOS and RHEL.
>>
> My problem is that I am trying to sell my Boss on Fedora!  He refuses to
> let us use CentOS or to pay for RHEL ( Yes cheapskate). But if I can
> show some comparison to RHEL I can sell him on Fedora.
>
> My whole shop run home servers and we all use Fedora.  We just need
> something from somewhere to convince him!

In that case, comparing would not be the solution.
I think showing your use case would be one.

Besides, knowing the boss use case and demonstrating him Fedora can suit
it would be a plus.

I would agree that in a corporate environment, Fedora release cycle is
too often. I personnally run Fedora on my work laptop, but if I were to
administer the whole ~150 desktops of the company I wont use Fedora but
CentOS.

--
RMA.