Fedora vs RHEL

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 10:32:38 UTC 2013

>  Thanks, that is the answer I need.  I just did not know what the direct
> comparison was!  That should give me the fire power to sell him on Fedora
> 16 which as I said my whole shop is running at home.

That's ridiculous ...

F16 is EOL:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2013-February/003144.html

The correct answer is CentOS (given the information so far) .... what is
the specific (please be specific) reason he will not go with CentOS/RHEL
.... withought knowing this no valid answer can be given to your query...

And to clarify further that is not a direct comparison - it is a rough
point in time when RHEL had it's final featureset defined ...