Fedora vs RHEL

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Mon Apr 15 03:23:04 UTC 2013

Quoting David <dgboles at gmail.com>:

> On 4/14/2013 10:25 PM, Thomas Cameron wrote:
>> On 04/13/2013 07:53 PM, David wrote:
>>
>> Meh. My mom (nearly 70) and my daughters (6 and 10) all use Linux. My
>> support level with them is orders of magnitude lower than it was when
>> they ran Windows. It's also a Hell of a lot easier to fix stuff on their
>> Linux boxen than it ever was with Windows.

That precisely reflects my experience. I have a good friend, an
engineer, who used to use NT. I convinced him to use Linux instead and
have had a steep decline in the difficulty of support. He still asks
me for help once in a while but it's pretty much routine fixes. Other
friends with Windows still give me toothaches with the
incomprehensibility of their issues. Like fixing a motor on a car with
the hood welded shut.

Dave