"Sticky keyboard" fault?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Apr 23 21:59:33 UTC 2013

I recently got a pop-up say "Sticky keyboard - disabled" and my keyboard stopped
working. My first reaction was that the message was translated to English, and
"stuck key" became "sticky keyboard." Can't think of a sensor for that.

In any case, keyboard was *WAY* disabled, plugging in a USB keyboard didn't
help, ssh from another machine didn't help (keystrtokes not accepted), and I
finally had to reboot the machine, after migrating all the guests elsewhere or
shutting them down. Major PITA.

So is there (supposed to be) a way to clear that? And how does the driver tell a
stuck key from a user holding a key, like a gamer holding down "F" to fire
weapons, as I've seen them do. How is it detected, and please may I make it not
do that? Recovery by boot is a Windows technology, they might have it patented.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>
   We are not out of the woods yet, but we know the direction and have