OT: what's with the 'i'?

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 01:35:58 UTC 2013

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 08:50:09 +0800
Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> On 02/01/2013 08:28 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > As far as I'm aware, this is the only time the subject has come up
> > in all the years I've been on this list. And I clearly flagged it
> > as OT, so don't feel you need to read it.
>
> I've always felt the OT was meant to indicate a computer related
> question which may not directly relate to Fedora.  I didn't think it
> was a catch all to be used to start a discussion on one's personal
> pet peeves.

Well, technically, the OP might argue that this topic is related to the
netiquette of the mailing list postings in general, etc., and therefore
in an OT-way still related to this mailing list...

But I think it's just "that time of the month", so to speak. ;-) We
didn't have the regular king-sized-off-topic-troll-party-thread for
quite some time now, so it is only natural that one such appears sooner
than later. Actually, AFAIK this is the very first such thread in 2013,
so I feel kind of enthusiastic about it... :-D

Best, :-)
Marko