firewalld v. libvirtd

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Fri Feb 1 16:22:17 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-01-28 at 10:34 +0000, Jorge Martínez López wrote:
> Hi Rob:
>
> 2013/1/28 Robert Locke <lists at ralii.com>
> >
> > I would like to associate the virbr0 interface, created by libvirtd, to
> > be considered part of the "internal" zone, since I "trust" my own VMs
> > talking to the host. But, what is the "supportable" method for
> > accomplishing this? There is no ifcfg- where I could put the firewall
> > zone....
> >

>  firewall-cmd [--zone=<zone>] --add-interface=<interface>
>
> from https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD#Generic_use

Thanks Jorge for this idea....

But, what I really could use is a "persistent" solution. I had already
found the above documentation, but with each reboot I need to run it
again (And, I know I could add it to rc.local, if that still exists, but
I want a "supported" method). And "--permanent" doesn't seem to work yet
for "--add-interface" but did cover my one service I needed to add to
the internal zone.

Normally, there is a "ZONE=" that can be added to the ifcfg- files, but
virbr0 doesn't have one of those, or, at least not where I have been
able to find it....

This is why I think there is some enhancement to libvirtd with regard to
firewalld that perhaps needs to be created, or I'm overlooking
something?

--Rob