humble suggestion to Fedora developers

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 18:21:43 UTC 2013

Hi

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 2:09 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:

> On 01/31/2013 08:13 PM, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
>
>> I cannot understand why so many people were up in arms about the Gnome
>> desktop...or the Unity one.
>>

> Try watching somebody with Parkinson's try to use either of them and
> you'll understand.  Or, consider somebody like me who wants certain
> programs to be on certain workspaces and doesn't want to have go guess
> where the DE decided to put them.

It is certainly possible to have fixed number of workspaces in GNOME 3 and
this has become incrementally easier to tweak in Fedora 18.
gnome-tweak-tool has a clear option to do that.   Also you can install the
following extension to determine which app gets launched automatically in
which specific workspace.

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/16/auto-move-windows/

Install this extension and use gnome-shell-extension-prefs GUI to configure
it or you can do it via the command line if you want to script this

https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Extensions/auto-move-windows

Rahul