humble suggestion to Fedora developers

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Feb 1 21:06:59 UTC 2013

On 02/01/2013 12:23 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> If you don't want to use GNOME 3 at all,  that's fine but static
> workspaces aren't the reason to stay away.

True.  They're just one of the many reasons I migrated away from Gnome
even before Gnome 3 came out.  The lack of built-in configuration tools
and the attitude of the Gnome devs about listening to mere users were
far more of an influence.  I prefer a DE developed and maintained by
people who understand that not everybody wants to do everything the same
way, or have their desktop look the same and makes sure that it's easy
for people to customize things.  If I wanted a DE with One True Way to
do things and no easy way to change it, I might as well be using Windows.