Fedora 17: unable to login. Laptop keypad is locked

santosh santosh.iitg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 16:36:43 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am having dual boot Winxp / Fedora 17.   In winxp everything is working fine.

By mistake the "Shift key" was pressed for a long time, It displayed
to activate "sticky key". I clicked on "Activate" button blindly.
(As I was not aware of it)

At that time keyboard of my laptop was working fine.
When I rebooted the machine, Keypad is locked, unable to type
password, hence unable to login.to the system.

I have tried to boot through old kernels. Its booting properly then it
displays login prompt.  At that point I am unable to
type password as keypad of my laptop is locked.

Please suggest what should I do ?

Regards
Santosh