Thunderbird newbie

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Feb 3 17:29:30 UTC 2013

Joe Zeff wrote:

> On 02/03/2013 08:59 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> Secondly, looking for advice on setting up thunderbird,
>> all the online advice I saw suggested clicking on the Tools icon,
>> presumably in the toolbar.
>
> That's because all of the advice is written with the assumption that
> you're using Windows.

I was actually looking at a fedoraproject article

> In Linux, Click on Edit.

I don't have an Edit option in my thunderbird toolbar.
As I said, the only options are
Get Mail, Write, Chat, Address Book and Quick Filter.

When in doubt, try clicking on every possible menu and see what's offered.

I don't see any menu on my thunderbird screen.
I am running thunderbird-17.0.2-1.fc18.i686, incidentally.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net