help needed to start java/eclipse app on F17

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Sat Feb 9 11:23:30 UTC 2013

Greetings,

I am trying to start Xowa (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xowa/ ) on
a fc17, x86_64 box

when I launch it as explained in the readme file, I get the error
below, even if I have Java and eclipse-swt installed:

test #> rpm -qa | egrep -i 'java|eclipse'
eclipse-swt-4.2.1-2.fc17.x86_64
java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.9-2.3.5.fc17.x86_64
tzdata-java-2012j-1.fc17.noarch

I have alreadysearched online for those exceptions and errors, but
practically everything I have found refers to very old versions of
Fedora, and as far as I understand, not applicable to my case. I am
not sure what to do or check next. Any help is appreciated!

Marco

test #> java -Xmx256m -jar xowa_linux.jar
XOWA: the XOWA Offline Wiki Application
Copyright (c) 2012 gnosygnu at gmail.com

This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as
published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version.

GNU Affero General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License
along with this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

version: 0.2.3.0; build date: 2013-02-03 20:57

arguments:
  **** NONE ****
  use --help to show help

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/swt/graphics/Device
        at gplx.gfui.Gfui_kit_.key_(Unknown Source)
        at gplx.xowa.Xoa_gui_mgr.Invk(Unknown Source)
        at gplx.GfsCore_.Exec(Unknown Source)
        at gplx.GfsCore_.Exec(Unknown Source)
        at gplx.GfsCore_.Exec(Unknown Source)
        at gplx.GfsCore.ExecOne_to(Unknown Source)
        at gplx.xowa.Xoa_gfs_mgr.Run_str_for(Unknown Source)
        at gplx.xowa.Xoa_gfs_mgr.Run_url_for(Unknown Source)
        at gplx.xowa.Xoa_gfs_mgr.Run_url(Unknown Source)
        at gplx.xowa.Xoa_app_.Run_args(Unknown Source)
        at gplx.xowa.Xoa_app_.Run(Unknown Source)
        at gplx.xowa.Xowa_main.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Device
        ... 12 more