LibreOffice version 4

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Sun Feb 10 14:10:20 UTC 2013

On 10/02/2013 12:16, Heinz Diehl wrote:
> On 10.02.2013, Reindl Harald wrote:
>
>> said this: whar was exactly your point at all?
>> if you want stable layouts DO NOT USE OFFICE PACKAGES for
>> layouts and this is a known fact since at least 10 years
>
> Using an office package and delivering files in its format is
> mandatory, as I already explained - a must.
> It's not up to me to choose. I *have* to follow the guidelines of my
> institution, so I can not simply choose latex or something similar
> because it's more congruent and stable.

Then use whatever works for you. If a particular version of a particular
office package works for you, use it. If you are expecting a Linux
distribution to include a particular (deprecated) version of a
particular package just because the latest one doesn't conform to your
employers guidelines, you might as well be asking for a pony and a moon
on a stick, it's not going to happen. The only distribution that will
give you that level of conformance is the one you roll yourself.

Gordan