LibreOffice version 4

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Mon Feb 11 00:13:00 UTC 2013

On 10/02/2013 22:40, Roger wrote:
> <snip>
>> There's no whining and trolling, and nobody hates Libroffice.
>> It's a discussion about facts which affect real life. When you have to
>> present at University/College, you urgently want your presentation to
>> have the same (=100% identical) look it had when you developed
>> it. Although Libreoffice and Microsoft Office are format-compatible,
>> layouts and formattings often don't look the same.
>>
>> And this *is* a problem. A real one.
> </snip>
>
> I have to agree.
> For me, this has been an ongoing problem for years. OpenOffice and now
> LibreOffice both have not formatted well when processing or producing
> word docs.

MS Office formatting won't be preserved either, if you have two
otherwise identical machines with different printer drivers. There are
all sorts of things that will cause the layout to be inconsistent
between different machines. If you need consistent formatting use a PDF
or present the document on the machine you wrote it on. If you expect
anything else you have failed to both notice and understand what is
going on.

Now can we all stop feeding the trolls and let this thread die?

Gordan