F18: how can I share printers??

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Wed Feb 13 14:25:13 UTC 2013

Tim Waugh ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 13/02/2013 12:12:
> On Wed, 2013-02-13 at 11:43 +0100, antonio montagnani wrote:
>> what am I missing??? and which are the correct tools???
>
> If you use system-config-printer, or its troubleshooter, you might find
> what's up.
>
> My guess is that firewalld is preventing CUPS Browse packets from being
> received.
>
> Tim.
> */

  yes, but as I am new to firewalld, what shall I do in order to share
printer.I don't see any cups service to let open
A point is: is sharing in Fedora easy for a standard user??? because we
are loosing the point of usability in my opinion, unless you disable
firewalld on all your networked computer

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F18(Spherical Cow) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
http://www.campingmonterosa.com