Google Earth runs for all users except me

Mark LaPierre marklapier at aol.com
Sat Feb 16 01:33:15 UTC 2013

On 02/15/2013 04:00 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 15.02.2013 16:44, schrieb Jonathan Ryshpan:

>>> The problem is some setting in your home environment if it works for all
>>> other users.  Delete your home and star over.
>>
>> So much is obvious.  I had hoped to avoid having to recreate my
>> environment, which has taken me a lot of work to get right.
>
> "ls -lha ~/"
>
> if there any google folder?
> delete this folder
>
> kill the whole userhome for one application is an idiotic
> suggestion - nearly any user application has it's setting
> in /home/username/.appname and after delete this folder the
> specific application is reset

If you had bothered to read the mail chain you would know that he
already removed the .appname directory from his home to now effect.

After he makes himself a new home he can copy back his various .appname
directories one at a time until G Earth stops working.  There are any
number of things that he could have set in his environment that could be
causing his problem.

One of the greatest things about Linux is that you can customize the
shit out of it.  One of worse things about Linux is that you can
customize the shit out of it.  Not all customizations are compatible
with each other or with all applications.

He can either futz around with his environment for hours on end until he
happens upon the solution, or he can just wipe the whole thing, get G
Earth working, then copy back his .appname directories back in.  I'm
betting that the latter will involve a lot less pain than the former.

--
     _
    °v°