24 hour time -

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Feb 16 03:58:00 UTC 2013

Tim:
>> I would have thought that Thunderbird would have a pile of those
>> about:config features, like Firefox, where you could specify the format
>> of headers.  Chances are that it does, but not by default, you might
>> have to add a new configuration line into it.

Ed Greshko:
> You would think that it would....but it doesn't.  Going to TBird's
> Advanced Config Editor and filtering on "time" shows nothing along
> those lines.  There is a setting for displaying the sender's timezone.

It's the sort of thing that you'd really need to check out their docs
and forum, because not all the configurable options are already in there
for you to fiddle with.  Sometimes you have to type in a completely new
line.

If one was a source code junkie, you could trawl through and find out
how it works dates into the display.  But reading someone else's huge
amount of source code, in a programming language that I'm not familiar
with, isn't something that I'd relish tackling.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.