sudo troubles

Scott van Looy scott at ethosuk.net
Sun Feb 17 16:23:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have some odd issues with sudo, specifically trying to execute a command without being asked my password:
I've created a new file in /etc/sudoers.d/ called node
In that file is:
scott ALL=(root) NOPASSWD:NOEXEC: /usr/local/bin/forever
I was expecting I'd now be able to execute "forever" and I'd not be asked for a password. Is there something I've obviously done wrong?

Last time I edited the sudoers file directly, but I noticed things have moved on since then but I can't find any examples of how.

I notice there's an option "secure_path": adding /usr/local/bin to it doesn't seem to change anything though.

Regards,

Scott