Custom Partition Fedora 18

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Feb 18 21:50:51 UTC 2013

Am 18.02.2013 22:28, schrieb jonc:
> On 02/18/2013 04:12 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>> What, exactly, is the connection in FOSS that is supposed to make developers care what users think?
>> because if they to not bother what users think they are also
>> free to develop THEIR pet and state that it is only THEIR pet
>
> Seems to me that's pretty much what happens

fine - but it is not fair to build a large user base over years
and then thow all away and explain them "that is how you have
to work from now on"

GNOMe itself does not interest me

but the geberal attitude of incompatible replacmenets
it is tecnical no problem to re-write a codebase from
scratch to make it cleaner, faster, securer without
throw any user-interface (shell as also GUI) away

yes, it may be more work and needs more thinking to implement
known workflows with a new codebase, it may take longer, but
the overall quality may also be better because you recgonzize
diesgn mistakes in the new code if you can't provide known
behavior with it

it is only the easier way to throw all away but it leads
not to more stable and future promising by nature