clone

Frantisek Hanzlik franta at hanzlici.cz
Mon Feb 18 22:10:15 UTC 2013

Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to clone with updating a machine.
> I get the list of installed package (yum list installed)
> Then I can make a minimum installation followed by an upgrade the packages.
> How would you recommend me to do this step ?
>
> Thank for your help.

Maybe some as this?:

# get (unique) package list (from 'yum list installed' output):
yum list installed|awk '(NF == 3){print gensub(/\.[^.]*$/,"",1,$1)}'|sort|uniq >old-rpm-list

# get list of RPMs on minimal F18 installation:
rpm -qa --queryformat '%{NAME}\n'|sort|uniq >new-rpm-list

# install RPMs which was only on old Fedora distro:
comm -2 -3 old-rpm-list new-rpm-list|xargs -r yum install

PS: You perhaps can omit to excluding already installed packages, yum
should solve this.
--
Franta H.