Custom Partition Fedora 18

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Tue Feb 19 12:01:49 UTC 2013

On 19/02/2013 03:32, jonc wrote:

> Should developers pay attention when someone says,"Hey! This is
> broken!"? Of course.

Given my experience of Fedora bugs being ignored until the EOL bot
closes them, it suggests that they don't even do that the vast majority
of the time.

> Should they pay attention when someone says, "This
> sucks!" Well, that's up to them. They have little to lose or gain either
> way.

And now you touch upon another important issue. This is more of a distro
maintenance issue. It is also probably why Ubuntu maintainers pay more
attention to such things - because their users are their _customers_.
Without those, there's no revenue.

With Fedora the problem is one giant leap removed because the customers
get a distribution after an extra 6-12 months of polishing and
stabilizing, but still suffering all the questionable decisions made for
users (where it's easy to take the "my way or highway" view) rather than
customers.

Gordan