Custom Partition Fedora 18

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Feb 19 19:20:06 UTC 2013

On 02/19/2013 05:20 AM, jonc wrote:

> I've never been wedded to any one interface. For me, Gnome 2 was just
> another GUI.  My hardware is more than adequate, and Gnome 3 has not
> been particularly buggy for me.

For me, bugs were never the issue.  The entire UI changed from something
I was comfortable using to something so different that I would have
effectively had to start learning it from scratch, with hardly anything
(except for how to use the keyboard and trackball) familiar.  I wouldn't
have minded it so bad if it hadn't been almost impossible to customize
without hunting down and installing various third-party extensions, but
that was, for me, the last straw.  Yes, I know it's better now, and I
now have better hardware, but I don't care.  I like the DE I'm using,
it's easy to customize and I see no reason in the world to go back to
Gnome.  As I keep saying, if you like it, great; do whatever it takes to
make it work for you.