at boot-time echoed kernel is older that started kernel

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue Feb 19 20:50:57 UTC 2013

On 02/19/2013 12:31 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> and why in the world are you using the ubuntu-sudo-way
> on Fdora if you are konwing it makes problems instead follow
> any fedora documentation which states su -c 'command'?

I'm not sure, but I think I've even seen sudo used in some of the Fedora
documentation.  (It seems to depend on the personal taste of whoever
writes that particular section, rather than a set policy.)

I do know, however, that if you go to the Fedoraforum website, you'll
see far more people specifying sudo than su -c.  I'm not sure if it's
because they're coming form a professional environment where they're
expected to use sudo even if they know the root password, or if it's
because, as you suggest, they've migrated away from Ubuntu.

My personal way is to tell people to execute certain commands "as root,"
and let them decide for themselves how they want to do it.