fedup ??

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Feb 19 21:48:15 UTC 2013

Jim wrote:
> On 02/18/2013 07:03 PM, Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 8:58 PM, Jim <binarynut at comcast.net> wrote:
>>> Running fedup from F17 to upgrade to F18,  Is this the correct procedure ?
>>> And I get the below Error message.
>>>
>>> #  fedup-cli --iso /home/jim/Downloads/Fedora-18-i686-Live-KDE.iso
>>> --debuglog=fedupdebug.log
>>> setting up repos...
>>> Error: can't get boot images.
>> try using dvd images.

>> Itamar Reis Peixoto
> The fedora-18-image is a DVD image.

Technically the Live-CD images are oversize CD images on a DVD, or something
like that. The full size non-Live image should get past this problem. Note that
I don't suggest it will "work" because it hasn't for me, but at least you will
get different and more entertaining problems after that.

Take backups before using fedup!! Best descriptive name for a program ever.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>