Fedora 18 and network

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Feb 21 00:05:44 UTC 2013

On 02/21/13 05:50, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 02/20/2013 01:38 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> and nobody needs NM for workstations with static IP's
>
> Agreed.  I had to turn it off on my desktop because it insisted on overwriting my DNS numbers with 0.0.0.0 every time I booted.  I still use it on my laptop because the old network service doesn't seem to handle WiFi very well.

If you have "Manual" or "Automatic (DHCP) addresses only" with DNS servers defined in the NM configuration and your resolv.conf file is getting written with 0.0.0.0 then you've hit a bug.  One would hope you've filed a bugzilla.

I use NM and have heard others complain about this....but I've never experienced the problem.  So, writing a bugzilla is the only way to get it fixed.

To that end, I just filed a bugzilla against the NM stuff on KDE.  I filed the bug on the 19th and a fix is in testing now.

--
Don't be bullied by the judgmental grammar and spelling police.