Custom Partition Fedora 18

David dgboles at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 15:46:35 UTC 2013

On 2/21/2013 10:17 AM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> On 21/02/2013 15:09, David wrote:
>
> Win2K3 64-bit is almost the same as 64-bit XP. The least bad version of
> Windows to date, IMO (not that the bar is particularly high).

XP was very similar to Win2K. However it was designed for home use.
Most, not all but most, home users using Win2K had a pirate copy. Which
means stolen.

> And since you mentioned it - it isn't out of support yet. XP is
> supported until April 2014, and 2K3 is supported until July 2015, IIRC.

Win2K was RIP in July 2010.

> I would have happily put the drive into another machine running Linux,
> mount it and try to salvage any important data of it, yes.

Really? Ignoring the Linux part if the drive was bad it could damage
another computer no matter what OS it was using.

> Now you're just FUD-ing.
>
> Gordan

So is there when I am supposed to be in awe of the knowledge of The
Great and Powerful OZ?
--

  David