wakeup after pm-hibernate

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Feb 22 06:10:57 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-02-21 at 09:41 +0200, Kevin Wilson wrote:
> The same is with my desktop - can only be waken up from
> suspend by the power-on button.

With desktop computers, you may be able to do something about it.  If
there are BIOS options, or motherboard jumpers, to change the power
supply options to the keyboard.  The goal being to set the keyboard
power to be always available, rather than turned off with everything
else.  And to set options for wake by keyboard.

For powering the keyboard, whether USB or PS/2, it runs from a 5 volt DC
supply.  The normal supply is shut off when the computer is turned off,
or put to sleep.  The stand-by voltage supply runs all the time.  You
may see it labelled as VSB on a jumper.

Some computers let you jumper each port individually.  That allows you
to keep a keyboard alive, but lets everything else shut off.  Apart from
saving power, you don't want some things running all the time.  Such as
USB flashdrive sticks left plugged in.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686