is it possible to download a spec file only using yum?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 00:27:31 UTC 2013

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 00:54:29 +0100, poma wrote:

> On 02/23/13 14:03, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> […]
> > Nevertheless, building from source isn't a safe fix either, since it only
> > uses different compiler flags. The crash is due to uninitialized pointers
> >  -> bug 914659
> >
> > So, don't blame the packaging alone. The C source isn't pretty.
> >

> So simple tool, and so much trouble with optimization flags(-O1 vs -O2).
> Thanks for jumping in and patching.

I'm not following you. It's not just a matter of "-O1 vs -O2". It's not as
if the source code were made for -O1 only. Uninitialized variables can
lead to undefined behaviour. With or without optimisation. Already a
single bit decides between 0 and 1, False and True, NULL-ptr and invalid
ptr, for example. Even worse for longer variables.

--
Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow) - Linux 3.7.2-204.fc18.x86_64
loadavg: 0.30 0.23 0.27