openjdk with fedora 18/firefox 19

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Feb 25 00:49:17 UTC 2013

Am 25.02.2013 01:08, schrieb Eddie G. O'Connor Jr.:
> I've only been with Fedora since 14 / 15...and I didn't know I didn't need java.....is it safe to assume that I can
> uninstall it without any adverse affects?......just curious I don't really do anything with Java on my
> machine....I'm more a file / server / storage type..but if I don't need a particular piece of software on my
> machines taking up space...then I'd rather remove it

if you do not know if and for what you would
use java remove it like any other package you
do not use - that is why package managers like
yum are invited to tell you dependencies before
confirm uninstall

here are currently 1435 packages installed and i
am a heavy user of any IT system i can reach

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ rpm -qa | wc -l
1435