F18: unpredictable 'Predictable Network Interface Names'?

Frantisek Hanzlik franta at hanzlici.cz
Mon Feb 25 18:09:28 UTC 2013

Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 14:58:17 +0100
> Frantisek Hanzlik wrote:
>
>> These rules works in F17 and earlier versions.
>
> You could try "yum erase biosdevname", but if they have
> eradicated whatever udev bit paid attention to the old
> name rules it might not work.

'biosdevname' I have not installed, I have systemd v197 and
according to previously mentioned:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames

custom rules in /etc/udev/rules.d/ should works - but not in F18!?

And as I understand them, in systemd v197+ isn't more biosdevname
package needed, as this is integrated into systemd/udev.

What I have are classic interface names ethNN, only with unwanted
order, my rules simply not works, thus when later network start,
I have typical message:
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth: Device eth2 has unexpected MAC address. Ignored.

Some idea?