F18: unpredictable 'Predictable Network Interface Names'?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Feb 25 20:01:00 UTC 2013

Am 25.02.2013 20:52, schrieb Frantisek Hanzlik:
> You perhaps think HWADDR - yes, I have it there, but without it
> I probably will not have above error, but it hasn't nothing with
> desired naming order - I will have still bad ethN associeted with
> given interface.

yes, but have it on two places where each of them would
let to not work if it does not match is bad

> (as years before, as You wrote, but it seems isn't working now)
>
> And when I set 'udev_log="debug"' in my /etc/udev/udev.conf, then
> I will get a lot libudev infos in /var/log/message - but there is no one line
> about ethX.

so switch to anything else as ethX in your naming in
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
like "lan0", "lan1", "wan0", "wan1" in ifcfg-lan1....

so you would not have race-conditions in kernel/udev naming the interfaces