F18: why isn't /etc/sysconfig/i18n (and why '/etc/locale.conf')?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Feb 25 20:13:42 UTC 2013

Am 25.02.2013 21:08, schrieb Frantisek Hanzlik:
> But reasons for change '/etc/sysconfig/i18n' I cannot see. Maybe some
> developers think that Fedora users have unlimited amount of time to
> learn all their flip-flops?

that is the point

there are WAY TOO MANY changes which are useless and only
for making over decades usebale documentations crap

well, i have the knowledge and energy to follow all this
bullshit, but the ordinary user and newcomer which finds
everywhere in the internet useless doucmentations may
have not and go back to a operating system wehre developers
fun is not fixing things which are not broken

P.S:
yes, i know about the direction to remove distribution-specific
configurations - but WHAT THE HELL why do we not kill all the
different distributions at all when the differences are bad?