F18: why isn't /etc/sysconfig/i18n (and why '/etc/locale.conf')?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Feb 25 23:12:41 UTC 2013

Am 26.02.2013 00:04, schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>

>     and YES in times of Fedora Core 6 / Fedora Core 7 as long
>     as the distribution was mostly controlled by redhat there
>     where way less useless changes for the sake of the change
>
> You seem to be implying that the community outside of Red Hat is pushing through needless changes.  This is not a
> responsible claim and not backed by any real evidence since most of the changes that you seem to against are fairly
> major changes backed by Red Hat developers substantially and nothing to do with core/extras merge.  Fedora as a
> project has seen tremendous growth in volunteer contributors after the merge and I would say users are better off
> because of it.

however

i am on board since Fedora Core 3
until Fedora 14 the disrtibution grow better and better

since F15 finally the distribution grows also much better
BUT with much more negative impact and careless all over
the subsystems, whatever goes wrong, there should be more
care again by consider changes/impact

and no, i am not that conservative

i was pretty sure one of the first admins out there which had
running Apache 2.0/Apache 2.2/MySQL 5.0/MySQL 5.1 as also
PHP5/5.1/5.2/5.3 in production as many other server software
over the last 10 years (dbmail3 as example where i spent many
nights to help upstream get it stable)