System Error After Upgrade to latest Kernel.....3.7.9-201.fc18.i686

Stephen Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Tue Feb 26 20:11:20 UTC 2013

On 02/27/2013 06:31 AM, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-02-25 at 21:37 -0500, Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. wrote:
>> After trying to repeatedly get the update to go from clicking on the
>> entry in the Gnome Menu, I decided to just run "yum update
>> --skip-broken"...and immediately the entry disappeared, and I was
>> "allowed" do download and install all 11 updates. Gotta love that
>> Terminal!
> For what it's worth, I rarely ever use the GUI tool for doing updates,
> because so much of what is happening is hidden from you, and your
> options are quite limited.
>
> The GUIs are rarely interactive, enough.  If it's going to tell me that
> there's updates available, I want to see a list, not just a total
> number.  I want to click on items in that list, and find out what they
> are.  And I want to be able to click on some items and skip them.  The
> software install/update GUI tool on Ubuntu, annoying as it was, was far
> better than the one on Fedora.
Just my 2 cents worth. I don't know which gui you are using but if I'm
using a gui tool I use Yumex, which provides all the capabilities you
are mentioning here by default. What is annoying for me is that doing
what you are asking for is its default mode on start up and I haven't
been able to find a way of change that default behavior.

regards,
Steve