F17 cursor crazy

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Wed Feb 27 20:56:38 UTC 2013

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 19:32:12 +0000, Michael E. Maher wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-02-27 at 19:07 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
	[....]
>> 	No doubt this is a feature for some, but to me it just makes the
>> computer crazy as a bedbug.

>> 	What is it, and how do I turn it back off??
>

> On my (admittedly outdated) F16 install, assuming you're using GNOME3.
> Go into the accessibility menu on the top right, go to 'Universal Access
> Settings', then the 'Pointing and Clicking' tab, there's a item called
> 'Hover Click'.
>
> Maybe that is what got switched on.

	I didn't find that, exactly; Universal Access offered only
KMouseTool and KMouth. But I had had the former up, so I launched it
again, and found a Defaults button. That seems to have eliminated the
bedbuggery, which may well have been "Hover Click" under another name. (I
don't do KDE, and this machine may be running either xfce or Gnome Shell;
I tend to get one machine confused with another, like saying Walther when
you mean Wolfram.) Many many thanks! I'd've been crazier than ary bedbug
if I had a whole afternoon with that madness.

--
Beartooth Sciurivore, Curmudgeon On Line
Viruses, trojans, and spyware, Oh My!