F17 cursor crazy

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Feb 28 03:16:21 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-02-27 at 14:21 -0500, Temlakos wrote:
> Ever since I started with Fedora, occasionally the cursor has taken
> off on its own, so that half the time I can't find it.

Likewise...  Occasionally, even going around wildly clicking as it
zoomed all over the screen by itself.  The same computer running Windows
exhibited no such fault.  The problem was far worse with a PS/2 mouse
(on more than one PC, and with different mice), almost to the point of
it being unfeasible to use the computer.

At times, I can be slowly moving the mouse, trying to get it just that
few pixels over to be on top of what I want to click, but the mouse will
wildly zoom across to each edge of the screen.

No, I do not have the mouse acceleration turned up.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.