laptops with 1200 vertical resolution

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 16:11:04 UTC 2013

On 01/03/2013 08:51 PM, Gary Kline wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 12:27:31PM -0600, Ian Pilcher wrote:
>> On 01/03/2013 10:58 AM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
>>> I guess the story is that there is no high-vertical resolution
>>> available yet. Confirms what I have also found.
>>
>> Apple is printing money selling high-end laptops with 16:10 screens.
>> Meanwhile, Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. would kill their firstborn children
>> for an additional 1/2% of margin.
>>
>> IMO the story is that most laptop manufacturers are run by bean counters
>> who can't look past the extra $5 per unit that a 16:10 screen would cost
>> to the extra $100 they could charge for it.
>>
>> (Not that I'm bitter or anything.)
>>

> 	what? bitter that Greed and Selfishness still haunt much of society?
> 	<<censored>>

Actually no.  I'm OK with greed and selfishness.  It's the sheer
stupidity of the situation.

In fact, I think this situation would benefit from a bit more greed --
i.e. a manufacturer willing to take a risk on truly well designed, high-
end laptops for Windows (let's be realistic) users.  Right now, they all
seems to be simply ceding the high-margin laptop market to Apple; it's
pathetic.