repo problems with 18

FMcCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Thu Jan 10 04:50:49 UTC 2013

On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 16:37:02 -0600
Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 16:10:36 -0500,
>    FMcCormick <beacon at videotron.ca> wrote:
> >
> >   Done....BUT I dunno whether I am going to reinstall right now...I have
> > done
> >a lot of customization....we'll see how it goes and whether and how much it's
> >messed up :)
>
> After you disable the rawhide repos you can get back to f18 by using:
> yum --releasever=18 distro-sync

   Well I had already undone the last few transactions...which erased a lot of
packages and apparently downgraded others.

But I figured at this stage...why not ? So I ran your YUM command..the first
time it segfaulted ??? But the second time it installed a few new packages and
downgraded a bunch others....

But I still have this problem :

[frank at localhost ~]$ gthumb

** (gthumb:2439): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not
receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a
reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout
expired, or the network connection was broken.

(gthumb:2439): Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'gthumb' received an X Window System
error. This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'GLXBadContext'.
  (Details: serial 143 error_code 167 request_code 152 minor_code 6)
   To debug your program, run it with the GDK_SYNCHRONIZE environment
   variable to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)
[frank at localhost ~]$

Gthumb depends on so much it's hard to figure out what is/was going wrong.

> Not every package can downgrade cleanly, but most likely this will work
> better than having a mix of f18 and rawhide packages while not actually
> using the rawhide repos.

  Well....we'll see :)
--
Frank McCormick <beacon at videotron.ca>