ebook urllink.acsm file -

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 10 07:32:24 UTC 2013

Allegedly, on or about 09 January 2013, Tom Horsley sent:
> I find I've gotten a lot more tolerant of minor flaws in ebooks when I
> consider how much work it is to fix them :-).

That's been one of the real irritations of me, with ebooks (error in the
text).  Unlike a printed book, they're not read-only, so errors can be
fixed.

I'd downloaded a few novels, in HTML format, and just couldn't resist
removing the hideous typing errors, and what were obviously OCR errors
(such as what should clearly be an "m" becoming "rn," and marks on the
page becoming commas in stupid places), repeated paragraphs, et cetera.

I, also, removed masses of JavaScript and HTML rubbish to reduce it down
to just headings and paragraphs.  Which wasn't just an exercise in
perfection, but made things a lot easier to read, and more browser
compatible.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.6.10-2.fc17.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Dec 11 18:07:34 UTC 2012 x86_64

public lists.